GVC Gaesco Group
GVC Gaesco Group is one of the most important Spanish independent financial groups, with over 60 years market experience. The company has €5,820M AUM, 34 Mutual Funds (4 in Luxembourg), 41 SICAVS, 8 Pension Funds and 2 Venture Capital companies.
- • Wealth Management and Private Banking
- • Brokerage and Custody
- • Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- • Research & Analysis and Insurance Brokerate
The Group is formed of 4 companies:
GVC Gaesco Beka is a founding member of the ESN (European Securities Network). The ESN is a European network created in 1998, with 8 members (1 per country), who contribute with their local expertise and in-depth knowledge in their respective countries. The ESN analyses local companies with a sectoral pan-European outlook. The ESN provides these services to one of the largest client bases in Europe with approximately 1,000 institutional clients
- • GVC Gaesco Beka (Spain)
- • Banca Akros (Italy)
- • Equinet (Germany)
- • Caixa Banco de Investimento (Portugal)
- • CM-CIC Securities (France)
- • Investment Bank of Greece (Greece)
- • NIBC Markets (Netherlands)
- • Op Corporate Bank (Finland)
The 8 ESN members are:
GVC Gaesco Beka is also present in the USA via a stake held in GSN North America. The GVC Gaesco group has 16 offices covering all Spain and more than 350 employees. Its Asset Management and Research & Analysis Departments have won over 19 awards in the last 10 years. .
Pedro Yaguez is a founding partner of
Columbus Investment Partners Ltd.
Columbus Investment Partner is an advisor of GVC Gaesco in all matters related to:
- • Inversion Columbus 75 SICAV, created in Spain in 2008
- • Paretum GVC Gaesco Columbus European Mid-Cap Equity Fund created in Luxemburg in 2017
““Columbus Investment Partners Ltd. is an appointed representative of Alternatives St James LLP which is authorized and regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority)”.".
Pedro Yaguez has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Universidad Complutense Madrid, a Master in Business Administration from the IE Business School and a Masters in Finance from the London Business School.
Pedro Yaguez has over 25 years experience in Asset Management.
Before founding Columbus, Pedro Yaguez was a Partner at Governance for Owners, an Activist European Fund, with more than €1Bn AUM and whose main clients were some of the biggest pension funds in the USA.
Previously, he was the Head of Pan-European Equities at Allied Irish Bank for 5 years. Prior to this, Pedro Yaguez spent 14 years at Citigroup Asset Management, where his last position was Head of European Equity with over $4bn AUM.
- • Moneymate “Best Pension Fund Manager, 1 and 3 years (2008)
- • Standard & Poor’s “AA” rated Citiequity Pan European Focus Fund (2003-2004)
- • Standard & Poor’s “AA” rated Citiequity Euroland Fund (2003-2004)
- • Inverco, Spanish Mutual Funds Assoc Awards “Best Pension Fund, 3 years & 5 years” (1996-2000)
- • Inverco, Spanish Mutual Funds Assoc Awards “2nd best performing mutual fund” (1993)
- • Inverco, Spanish Mutual Funds Assoc Awards “Five years 2nd best performing mutual fund” (1992-1997)